Sunday, September 18, 2011

Petzl RocTrip 2011

After Seeing this photo I decided I should probably start doing a little bit more cardio training if I am going to slog my arse up 1477 steps and stand any chance of actually climbing well.



So, thanks to Spelean and Climb On our flights have been booked to China for the Petzl Roctrip. I'll be teaming up with Wiz Fineron from NZ and Dan Lee from Spelean. If all goes according to plan(my visa gets approved) we should arrive in the Getu Valley on the 25th of October, In time for the beggining of the event :-) I'm not sure about the other guys but I can't speak a word of Chinese so im sure there will be lots of funny stories to tell upon my return.
This is quite the chunk of rock! The Arch in the Getu Valley.
The past fortnight has been spent training indoors and occasionally hitting some outdoor boulders(getting smashed). I lost a lot of strength after my illness a few weeks back and just starting to feel good now. Hopefully I will be fighting fit for China, looking forward to some different climbing! Check out petzl.com.au