Sunday, July 3, 2011

Winter Bluies

Finger Injuries, bad weather and cold temperatures have been regular occurances over the past month. I had a mild strain in my ring finger early in June, probably due to overuse and repetative movement. It has not stopped me from climbing at all, it is just quite annoying as I tend to hesitate frequently with the thought of doing further damage. I have been training quite alot indoors and working routes at Diamond Falls when the weather is acceptable. At the moment one day a fortnight does not cut it and makes sending hard!
I climbed Temptation(30) and Tutu Sullied Flesh(29) quickly at Centennial Glen. The glen has been pretty well sheltered from the crazy westerly winds and there is a lot of Harder routes to climb. I should mention I thought Temptation was an awesome climb and is probably my favourite 30/8a+ to date. Really cool, Get on it! Aaron Doull and Dan X did a great Job of some photos and filming the other day...thanks guys! In other news Im trying to save a bit of extra cash. Thanks to my sponsors Spelean(Petzl) & ClimbOn! It looks like I will be heading to the Petzl Roc Trip in China at the end of October....this is quite exciting and I can't wait!