Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mr Line

After last weeks 150 kilometer winds and the bad streak of weather in the mountains over the past month, I started to doubt whether all the time I  had spent in the mountains (Diamond Falls in Particular) was really worth it? Is it worth freezing your arse off on the side of a cliff being blasted by an Icy westerly wind to proof something to no one but yourself?.............TOTALLY. Although this climb took me a lot longer than it should have to send, it is all worth it in the end.
I jumped on Mr Line(32) at Diamond Falls for the first time 2 months ago, this was great, sorted the climb out and thought it would go quite quickly. Unfortunately it became difficult to tick due to the bad weather, meaning I was only able to get to the crag once a fortnight max. So spread out over 2 months it took about 6 days......this was frustrating being so close but having to wait up to 2 weeks for another attempt. It felt like after that period of time my body just forgot how to pull certain moves! grrrrr. Fortunately today the stars alligned and with the help of Nave Samej Slew I sent the route 2nd go of the day. I love this style of route and look forward to climbing at DF in the spring, but for the moment I might choose a slightly warmer crag!
But then again I might get Psyched and be out there next week;-)