Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bloodline goes down

Sweet! Those long awaited conditions have finally arrived! After 8 days of terrible weather and heavy rain, anything I wanted to climb at Diamond Falls was not worth thinking about.....slightly un motivated and a little pissed off that mother nature would do such a thing I decided to head back to my  Nemisis Bloodline(32) at Bardens Lookout in the Blue Mountains. Teamed up with a couple of dudes Pete and German Thomas aka Hommace and decided that the cave at Bardens was gunna be our shelter for 5 days while it poured down around us. While Pete and Hommace  crushed there way along and came very close to ticking WOAF(28/26) I thought it would be a good time to familiarise myself with the moves on Bloodline and to my suprise it came quite naturally, getting awesome linkage even in the terrible conditions. I returned a couple of days later to seeping holds at the crux and lost my psych as it made it very difficult, towards the end of the day I managed to link all the way to the top of the route within an arms reach of the glory jug and fell...spewing!
Anyway I returned today with Pete,  after a little bit of a rough start I warmed up and sent Bloodline Very Happy!! I have spent a lot of time on this route and have found it significantly harder than anything else I have done....It has had few ascentionists therefore the grade seems to vary on who you talk to....dont care really! awesome line! awesome people! Thanks Pete and Thomas and whoever caught me on this one..Video will be up soon Psyched!