Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Search & Destroy

Blowin Chunks on Search & Destroy(32) Centennial Glen    ALL PHOTOS: BEN COSSEY
Well, things have been pretty slow over the past month since my return from Getu. I think it has been a great learning curve for me and has opened my eyes to a lot of things. Most importantly it has made me realise how I need to get so much stronger! which is great because It means I am now training my arse off :-)
Its so easy to fall into your own little world and think your doing so well, until somebody comes along and flashes your project or onsights that route that took you 2 days. Demoralising yes, but on the other hand so incredibly inspiring!
So for the past 4 weeks I have spent most of my time training at the BBC.
Im not sure if I'm using my time super efficiently, but I definitely feel 100% stronger.
Every few or so days I have been getting out to my local crag the glen and gone on a few expeditions to the underworld(which is bloody unreal). About 2 months ago I tried a route called Search & Destroy(32) at   centennial glen. It was always the route that I would stop and stare at as I made my way around to Wave Wall, but always passed it off as too hard or too bouldery for me. Anyway, I built up the courage to jump on it and got spanked.
After a couple of weeks in China I felt super fit but returned a little weak, so with my psyche levels through the roof, I just trained hard and got stuck into some plastic boulders. It's so nice to have such a great bouldering facility right near home. I have never been this psyched to train bouldering EVER! which is funny because it is a crucial part of becoming a good rock climber but, It just bored me in other gyms.

So anyway with a fresh mind and body, I decided to give S&D another crack, only this time I pulled off all of the moves without too much trouble. After another 3 days work it was in the bag! Such good rock climbing and so nice to see that training pay off :-) A big thanks to Ben and Danny for snapping off some pics! Rock climbing is awesome:-):-) thank you for reading my blog